Key Lime Shortbread Cookies Recipe from Land O'Lakes..
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/2 cup cornstarch
1 cup Land O Lakes® Butter, softened
1 tablespoon fresh Key lime juice
2 teaspoons freshly grated Key lime zest
1 1/4 cups powdered sugar
1 teaspoon freshly grated Key lime zest
2 to 3 tablespoons fresh Key lime juice
Freshly grated Key lime zest, if desired
- Combine flour, powdered sugar and cornstarch in bowl. Set aside.
- Beat butter in large bowl at medium speed until creamy. Add flour mixture and all remaining cookie ingredients; beat at low speed until dough forms.
- Shape dough into 2 (10-inch) logs on lightly floured surface. Wrap each in plastic food wrap; refrigerate 2 hours or until firm.
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Reshape logs, if necessary. Cut into 1/4-inch slices with sharp knife. Place 1 inch apart onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake 9-11 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool 1 minute on cookie sheet; remove to cooling rack. Cool completely.
- Place powdered sugar and 1 teaspoon lime zest in bowl. Gradually stir in enough lime juice for desired glazing consistency. Spoon or brush glaze on top of cookies. Let stand until glaze is hardened.